Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry (one of our family stand-bies)

Ingredients
Chicken
(or meat of your choice)
Vegetables
noodles or rice
sauce
3 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP corn oil
(or whatever oil you have really)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp pepper

There are a lot of ways to make this. You can use fresh or frozen vegetables. I usually just get one of the frozen stir-fry varieties to have in the freezer when needed. You can also use chicken you have cooked and cubed (or shredded) or use a canned chicken. I actually like it better with canned, but if I have left over of anything... chicken, steak, pork, I'll make it with that.

Saute the veggies in 1 or 2 TBSP oil over med. to med. high heat. Add the meat half way through. Meanwhile mix all the ingredients for the sauce together. (If I'm making a lot, I double the sauce recipe.) You can add the sauce to the meat and veggies right after you turn off the heat. Serve over hot rice or noodles.

Delicious!

No comments: