Sunday, November 18, 2007

Spanish Rice - family standby

1 onion
1 small can green chili
2 tbsp butter
1 cup rice (you can use instant, but I use regular)

Cook in pan until onion is translucent and rice is slightly brown

Add
1 large can tomato sauce
1 can tomatoes
2 cups water
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika

Boil covered for approximately 30 minutes or until rice is done

While rice is boiling brown ground beef in skillet.
Shred cheddar cheese

When rice is done stir in beef. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover. Let cheese melt.

This is soo yummy. It is a comfort food for me. Whenever I would go to my grandmas house this is what we would eat. Unless of course we had enchiladas or beef stew. But it is yummy. It took me 3 or 4 tries to get it to turn out right. So if it doesn't turn out the first time try again it is definitely worth it and cheap to make.

No comments: