Saturday, November 17, 2007

Our Family Stand-By

Our family stand-by is probably breakfast for dinner! My mom used to do this every now and then when we were kids (usually if my dad was out of town because he didn't like breakfast for dinner). Here are a few of the breakfasts we have had for dinner:

Fried Egg Sandwiches on toast with jam, or ketchp and mayo (I love jam on my eggs! Weird, I know!) Sometimes it's good to add bacon or ham!

Waffles and Syrup (ya' know...the frozen kind!)

Cold Cereal (every now and then...nothin' beats a good bowl of cereal)

Breakfast Burrito's: Try this! (I promise it's good!) Scramble some eggs and then add white chicken breast (from a can) , some cheese and some salsa! It's yummy! I like to put it all in a tortilla and then brown the burrito a little bit in some olive oil in a frying pan to crisp it up!

Last but certainly not least...Crepes! My all- time favorite breakfast!

1 cup milk
2/3 cup flour
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. melted butter
a dash of sugar
a dash of salt
a dash of vanilla

Mix all the ingredients together and then let rest for a few minutes. Pour about 1/2 cup of the batter into a frying pan heated to medium high heat, (spray it with cooking spray first). When you can loosen all the edges with your spatula and the batter starts to solidify, it's time to flip them! ( I usually have to double the recipe to feed my family of 6!) I like to put lemon juice and powdered sugar inside them and then roll them up and eat them. My husband likes plain, maple syrup or a little chocolate syrup in his! Raspberry jam would be fabulous inside, with a little powdered sugar on top! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

how do you fry an egg? I mean do you fry it until the yolk is cooked? or do you scramble it and then fry it?
I also heard that fried eggs are good on hamburgers.

I love breakfast for dinner! (my husband doesn't like it either)