Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Chicken Salad

This is a great and easy lunch to make for you, your kids, your husband, a lunch date, whatever.

Ingredients:
Canned Chicken (it doesn't have to be, if you want to cook and cube it or if you have left over, that will work too)
Mayonnaise
whatever else you choose, I like:
tart apples
green onions
slivered almonds
lemon pepper seasoning
garlic salt
pepper
other ideas are:
peppers
raisins
grapes
shredded carrots
cheese

Mix it all together to a consistency you like and serve on a sandwich or with cheese and crackers. You could use a cookie cutter to cut out the sandwich and maybe the kids will be more willing to try something new. You can serve it right away, but it does taste a little better when you put it in the fridge for a while and let all the flavors mix.

Enjoy!!!

Laura

1 comment:

Ranee said...

Yum! I love chicken salad! My mom makes one that has grapes and nuts in it and it's really good too! I love the idea about using a cookie cutter! My kids would probably eat better if I did that with their sandwiches!