Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Strawberry-Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing

I also got spinach in my bountiful basket and it made me think of this yummy salad. I wonder if you could substitute the strawberries for peaches? hmmm...

shopping list

4 c. fresh baby spinach
1 pt. washed strawberries
1 sm. pkg. slivered almonds

dressing
1/2 c. sugar
2 T. sesame seeds
1 T. poppy seeds
1/2 tsp. minced onion
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. seasoned rice vinegar

Wash and tear spinach into bite-size pieces. Slice strawberries. Toast almonds. Dressing: Mix all ingredients together and shake or mix until sugar is dissolved. This makes plenty of dressing for a very large salad. Pour dressing on salad just before serving.

**I usually 1/2 the recipe and I hardly ever toast the almonds. It's still very, very good. :)

No comments: