Friday, January 11, 2008

2 meals from one!

So after I made the Hawaiian Haystack recipe (see below), I used the leftover chicken gravy mixture in Chicken enchilada's. I am tellin' ya'...it was really good! I do have to say that I would have liked the sauce to be a little thicker for the Hawaiian Haystacks ( I think next time I will only add one cup of milk to the country gravy mix), but it was still good. Anyway...back to the Chicken Enchiladas. This is what I did:



I added another can of Cream of Chicken soup to the leftover chicken gravy mixture.

I added some cumin and stirred it together, and then layered it between flour tortillas and cheese in a 9x13 pan. (I just lay the tortillas flat, starting with some chicken gravy mixture, then a tortilla, then more sauce, then cheese, then repeat). End with cheese on top of course and bake it at 365 degrees til' it's heated through. Then for the last few minutes, I turn on the broiler and it gets the cheese brown and bubbly and delicious. Serve it with a green salad, corn and refried beans mixed with a little salsa and there you have it! It was so yummy and made my weeknight meal planning and cooking a whole lot easier. I went to the store last night and got more ingredients to make it again! I hope someone else gets to enjoy these yummy recipes!

No comments: